myWorld History © 2012 incorporates the Understanding by Design™ approach to learning, developed by program consultant Grant Wiggins. Using the "backward design" process for developing long-term understanding, students will be able to explore concepts, build knowledge, and transfer ideas throughout their lessons and on to the next.
Features and Benefits
- Core Concepts serve as a delivery tool for the skills students need to be successful in the ever-changing 21st century marketplace.
- Program truly used Understanding by Design framework and Essential Questions written by Grant Wiggins.
- myStory features and accompanying videos provide engaging stories about historical figures and eras in a graphic novel format from some of the most compelling and eventful times in the history of our world.
- Students experience world geography first-hand through virtual travel in the Online Travel Assignment.
- Hands-on activities are embedded in the student materials and extended through the Activity Cards, EQ posters, & wall maps.
- myWorld Connections help students comprehend global statistics by simplifying them and connecting to experiences to which students can relate.
- TakingITGlobal Partnership projects allow students and teachers to collaborate with students from around the world.
- 21st Century Learning Tutor is a course, bundled with the online myWorld Geography course, that uses digital media, including interactive web pages and videos, to teaches students 36 skills that will help them achieve success as learners, workers, and citizens during the 21st Century.