myWorld History © 2012 Florida incorporates the Understanding by Design™ approach to learning, developed by program consultant Grant Wiggins. Using the "backward design" process for developing long-term understanding, students will be able to explore concepts, build knowledge, and transfer ideas throughout their lessons and on to the next.
Features and Benefits
- Core Concepts serve as a delivery tool for the skills students need to be successful in the ever-changing 21st century marketplace.
- myStory features and accompanying videos provide engaging stories about historical figures and eras in a graphic novel format from some of the most compelling and eventful times in the history of our world.
- Students experience world geography first-hand through virtual travel in the Online Travel Assignment.
- Hands-on activities are embedded in the student materials and extended through the Activity Cards, EQ posters, & wall maps.
- myWorld Connections help students comprehend global statistics by simplifying them and connecting to experiences to which students can relate.
- TakingITGlobal Partnership projects allow students and teachers to collaborate with students from around the world.